Team Danmark is seeking a sports psychology consultant.
Danish elite sport is an international success story. With 15 medals at the Olympic Games and 7 medals at the Paralympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Denmark is one of the best small sporting nations in the world. To maintain this position, we must be even better at developing our knowledge and creating strong relationships with relevant stakeholders. Our vision is to focus on creating optimal conditions for athletes’ everyday lives while at the same time developing strong knowledge and innovation environments at the highest international level.
We are looking for a skilled sports psychology consultant to join Team Denmark’s team of sports of consultants. You must support sporting results at an international level, develop better terms and conditions for athletes, and contribute to developing strong talent environments in Danish elite sport.
About the job:
- One-to-one sports psychology services for world-class athletes
- Development programmes for national teams supported by Team Denmark
- Sports psychology service for athletes, national teams and coaches during international competitions and training camps
- Sports psychology service in the athletes’ daily training environments
- Interdisciplinary cooperation with Team Danmark’s other experts to provide an integrated service for athletes and national teams
- Developing sports psychology projects in cooperation with research institutions as well as disseminating knowledge about applied sports psychology.
We expect the successful applicant to have the following qualifications and competences:
- Relevant professional and educational background, minimum at Master’s level
- Experience with sports psychology services for athletes and teams at international level
- Good written and oral skills (Danish/Scandinavian and/or English)
- Strong personality and good cooperation skills
- Ideally experienced at developing, executing and communicating development or research projects.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please feel free to contact or head of department Knud Skadborg (firstname.lastname@example.org / +45 2924 6548) or sports psychology consultant Greg Diment (please contact after August 22nd email@example.com / +45 2175 7973)
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 noon on 4 September 2017.
The first round of interviews will be held on 18 September, and a second round of interviews, if necessary, will be held on 22 September 2017.
Please send your application and relevant appendices as a single PDF.
Pay and job start: The job starts on 1 November 2017. The job is a full-time position, and the pay depends on qualifications. Your place of work will be Idrættens Hus in Brøndby, Copenhagen.
About Team Danmark
Team Denmark is a public self-governing institution under the Ministry of Culture which manages the overall coordination and development of Danish elite sport in a socially responsible manner. Team Danmark therefore works to improve the terms and conditions for athletes,
coaches and sports managers, and we work closely every day with sport federations, national coaches and athletes to achieve significant Danish results at sporting arenas around the world.